I am leaning toward building either a greenland style skin-on-frame kayak or a stitch & glue kit boat, as either option will allow me some freedom to customize to my needs, and either route should yield a kayak that will be light enough for me to car-top by myself. my husband is a carpenter, and should be able to help me with the woodworking.. Stitch and glue laker. skin on frame curlew. comparison of 3 kayak construction methods. there is a considerable amount of information on home building kayaks in the wiki already so this is specifically about my experience building kayaks by 3 different methods – stitch and glue (s&g), cedar strip and skin on frame (sof)... Let’s start by noting the similarity between stitch and glue, and strip kayaks: both have rigid hulls of wood. the difference between them is building method. stitch & glue boats are made of large sheets of thin plywood (with internal reinforcemen....













Sailing kayak with CLC Sailrig MK2 | Doovi


Sailing kayak with clc sailrig mk2 | doovi












Christine demerchant's web page. many different boatbuilding methods including stitch and glue, strip building and ultralight skin on frame. growing canna lilies from seeds. although it's faster to use tubers, canna lilies are easy to start from seeds and much cheaper.. I am in the process of designing a hull for use in the shallow glacial rivers near my home in alaska. the hull must be light weight, carry a payload of 900 lbs, and be powered by a 65 hp outboard with a jet unit attached (about42-45 output hp). i am at present re-designing the bottom configuration of the delvin snowgoose stitch-and-glue plywood boat to be a satisfactory quick planing hull.. A slide show video of two canoes for double-paddle, the trout lily and larkspur being built. both designs by fine wood water craft..







Leave a Reply